Speed and Performance
Multiple updates improving common tasks
- Faster automatic collision avoidance (up to 15%)
- Faster curve projection finishing (up to 40%)
- Faster spun profile calculation (up to 60%)
- Faster opening/saving of projects with collision-checked tool-paths
Steep and shallow finishing
New options to help you have greater control over the machining of shallow open regions using the steep and shallow finishing strategies.
- Additional controls affect Steep and shallow when shallow type = “3D Offset”
- New “optimise open pockets” option creates tool-paths with open segments that approach stock from outside
Safer Leads and links
Automatic trim and extend to add leads and links
- New option trims the ends of tool-path segments to create extra space to fit safe leads and links
- Can also automatically add extended leads to avoid collisions when machining undercuts
- Additional warnings if segments are removed
Logical workplane behaviour and new default settings
- More intuitive workplane behaviour when activating and generating tool-paths and NC programs
- New default settings for machine, model location, and thickness groups for each setup
Inclined Planar Surfaces
Automatic selection for 3+2 machining
- New typed commands help automate the 3+2 machining of inclined planar surfaces
- Improved accuracy of new rest finishing strategy
- Additive tool-paths can now be appended with same layer bands grouped together
- Writing hole features to XML now includes “Depth type” and “Level” properties
- Improved Flex licensing to avoid charging users for periods of inactivity
- Spiral offset slice area clearance now machines open flat areas outside-in
- Better quality Corner Finishing tool-paths
- Improved Spun Profile accuracy
…and of course a brand new look for PowerMill:
Whats been enhanced?
Automatic Collision Avoidance
Improved consistency of tool axis tilting
- Automatic collision avoidance tilts the tool more consistently across neighbouring passes
I’m a current PowerMill user – how do I get this new release?
Get in touch with our team who will be able to guide you on how to download the latest version.
I’m new to PowerMill – how do I get this software?
Reach out to our CAM team who will be able to discuss your requirements and the best solution for you.